Hi there! :)
As you might have already noticed, all the photos used in this blog are stored in Picasa Web albums which was the photo service that, in my opinion, is the winner in a Flickr vs Picasa battle (see the Picasa/Flickr comparison post here). However, I don't have Picasa installed and sometimes I just have the need to download an entire album. An option would be to download the photos, one by one, but, gladly, there is an easy workaround to get a complete album. :)
To do the workaround that I'm going to describe you'll need to have two programs installed: Mozilla Firefox and the Firefox extension DownthemAll. In a short way, here's what you have to do:
Take care! :)
|(Click the photo for better resolution in Picasa Photostream)|
- Install Mozilla Firefox;
- Install the Firefox extension DownthemAll;
- Go to the page of the Picasa album that you wish to download and click the RSS link on the right;
- When the RSS page opens, add "&imgmax=d", without quotes, to the end of the URL and then reload the page. Doing this will allow you to download the images in their original sizes.
- Right click anywhere in the page, select DownThemAll and then the Links tab. The Pictures and Media stuff are just thumbnails.
- Make sure the JPEG images filter is selected, choose the destination folder and click Start
Take care! :)
Did you find this post helpful? Do you wish to contribute to other projects regarding computer science, electronics, robotics or mechatronics that will be posted in this blog? If you wish to do so, you can donate via paypal using the button below. Thanks! :)